Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Clearhorizon Omega Squad

Mr. Harold sent me these a while ago, and I finally got around to painting them. The delay was mainly that the neck length bothered me, so it took a while to get around to converting them. All I did was slice off the heads, file down a tiny bit of neck and re-pin them back on. The difference is very small, and I imagine some people wouldn't even notice it, but I really like the new look.




These figures would make great cyberpunk operatives, and I nearly went that way with them, but went with a military mercenary theme, not wanting to do them too dark.
There is a lot of extremely tiny detail on these minis, a lot of which wasn't obvious until an undercoat and ink wash. I had to use a 00 brush to do many of the highlights, and I normally only ever use a 0.

Excellent figures, from one of the industry's best chaps. Grab some!

12 comments:

  1. It's always nice to see more of your work. The difference between the before and after the conversion may be hard to see in the pictures. but given the scale, the fact you did it without leaving a trace is admirable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Wouter! There are two more in this set, but I have temporarily misplaced them. When they turn up, I'll post pics of the neck conversion.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Jacker: beautiful modeling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jay, Im enjoying getting back into it!

      Delete
  3. They look good, obviously :) I really enjoyed all the HD's I've painted and yes, they are very detailed. I never thought of doing them as anything but straight military but they would be good cyberpunk figures, especially without their backpacks. I have a few left, maybe I should do a few up along those lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im thinking of doing a set of GZG mercs as a cyberpunk crew, maybe a little putty work is in order!

      Delete
    2. SJZ, can you email me at grimmnar through a o l please? This is the only way I could find to contact you. Grimm

      Delete
  4. Smashing painting, nicely converted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete