Thursday, 9 April 2015

Space Knights

Left to right: Warrior, Elf, Paladin, Rogue
Edited April 13 2015

Some nice minis from 15mm.co.uk I just finished. The dual wielding fellows are conversions (done last year!) pictured below.
When I posted on instagram, I mentioned the archetypes of warrior, ranger/elf, paladin and rogue being the inspirations. This was a development of being inspired by the video game "Destiny" which I have played a lot of with Mik (of Mik's minis fame) and an international cast of misfits. Sadly, our imminent vanquishing of Crota on hard raid  mode has been totally derailed by my internet troubles. I moved house and my ISP bungled the order twice, leading to almost 2 months of down time (fingers crossed for this Friday).

So, the first one I did was the blue-bladed "paladin" which is very much in the Destiny cover art palette. When I got to the other three last week, I wanted them to look very distinct, so pushed further into classic adventuring ideas.

Pin vise for holes and paperclip for pins

Superglue to fix, Pro-create in the gaps

10 comments:

  1. I like how these turned out. They look a bit as if they represent an element (you know: fire, water,...) or something like that. The swords are a bit big for my taste, but excellent work anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto the Elemental "feel."

      Delete
    2. SJ's Instagram post mentions they're inspired by "warrior, ranger, paladin, rogue" of the fantasy genre. But I like this interpretation too. They do have a very "science fantasy" feel, and these dramatic colours really do suit them! I think my favourite might be the brown, grey, and purple one with the pistols, I'd never have thought of that colour combo but it's not bad at all, and his pose is great. I think it's funny that the black one is so "Darth Vader" ;)

      Delete
    3. I like the design of these figures, but the final result is a bit rough. The two figures I modified had odd proportions and poses. I also considered filing off the detail on the blades, but by that stage it would have been easier to just make new ones, and I didn't want to go to that much trouble!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Jacker: Nice pigment manipulation. And they need names to separate them from the other galactic adventurers roaming the stars that I read about in the daily holo-news feeds. (:0)>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jay! I always save naming them until I get them onto the table... Which you may have noticed is very very rarely!

      Delete
  3. Lovely colors, Jacker. And if you think a year is a long time, I've got you beat. I just started painting some conversions I did before my daughter was born. She's now seven. Yikes. I'm old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, we all do it. Conversion is itself fun, and sometimes the urge to paint the result just... isn't there yet.

      Delete
    2. I've only been back in the hobby since 2010, so I can't compete with you there. I have plenty of stuff that's over 2 years since basing or converting though!

      Delete
  4. Microsoft office has a different version, and the entire version has the different setup file office.com/ set up . Some of the version is Office 2013, Office 2016 and Office 365 etc. Go to www.office.com/setup and redeem your key.here are multiple manufacturers making printers for home and office use with varied range as printer series per the need and affordability of different customers. Printer Tech Support. It has become one of the most useful computer hardware devices that allow people to convert computer generated typescript into a physical printed document. Norton is one of the most reliable antivirus providers in the market. Norton is delivering top rated protection from mobile devices and computers. Norton has 3 antivirus packages www.norton.com/setup .mcafee.com/activate McAfee have the complete set of features which can protect your digital online and offline life of the computing devices, and it not only help you to protect it install mcafee .

    ReplyDelete