Thursday, 29 January 2015

Vornid Support

It's been a long while again, real life etc. etc. On to the good stuff: New Vornid models from Khurasan miniatures, the very best miniatures for weirdness in 15mm scale!

Vornid Walker

Vorhounds

Together with Vornids
Mainly very easy to paint, although the walker has a lot of smooth surfaces, so took a while. I plan to stick some clump foliage on top, but didn't want to confuse the product shot. These minis round out the the Vornids very nicely as an alien or postnuclear force.
As a side not, I used my dried out coffee grounds as basing material again... It's a winner.

Thanks for looking!


14 comments:

  1. These look properly weird ;).
    Nice paintjob, using different green paints really suits them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Luckily, of my dwindling paint collection, I have a lot of greens :)

      Delete
  2. wahey! SJ's back, love to see you post again :)
    you're certainly comming back in style - if i'm right that these legs/stalks on the Vornid Walker are all smooth and owe all that depth to your paintjob alone then, well, i'm bloody impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tomo! I'm glad to say that the detail on the legs is cast, I just washed into the cracks and highlighted the edges. Took a while, but worth it!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Jacker! Awesome creatures made more-awesome by your painting skills. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Jay, I think they would be right at home in Possum Corners!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Cheers! I didn't have high hopes when I saw all the pieces in a baggie, but once assembled it's quite a looker. I used blobs of pro-create putty to attach the legs, which are mounted in ball-sockets. You could get a lot of different looks depending on how you posed them.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for posting these here as well as on Instagram. The walker has an interesting "opium poppy" look to it. And of course a great paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I will be doing some more frequent posts soon I hope.

      Delete
  6. I knew you were going Vegan - just not so hardcore, even your army choices now...??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never! Khurasan sends me cool toys, and I paint 'em... However I really like this range now. They are nice and different.

      Delete
  7. Great to have you back. Drink more coffee (basing materials) and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete