Tuesday, 4 February 2014

The Restaurant that just won't quit



Mostly painted up now, I just have the sign to sort out and a new front door (not happy with the one pictured) and she'll be done at last. 

You may have noticed I've hacked the corners off the pavement. This was inspired by Mr. Harold's basing recently and it makes a huge difference in terms of "SF-ness. I spent an afternoon laboriously chopping the corners off my whole city collection, but it was well worth it.

So much work has been done on the city blocks, that I'm looking forward to wrapping it up and getting some figures started.


13 comments:

  1. This project is coming along quite nicely, Jacker. The landing pad warning striping caught my eye immediately...center of interest on the roof. Lots of exciting close-in fighting is awaiting to take place up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A keen eyes, Jay! The roof had lots of shape but it was all grey, so some warning tape was applied. This one was printed out on the same sheet as the posters all were, so it was just cut and stick.

      Delete
  2. Nice piece of terrain. I'll wonder what you are going to paint on the sign. It looks a bit messy now. But I like the weathering and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wouter! On the table the weathering and dirt makes it look more like a city and less like a toy IMO.

      Delete
  3. Carpet in the interior, and tiles in the washroom?! Now you're taking the, er, proverbial! Top work Spacejacker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers GR! Honestly, the carpet (flocked paper from the craft store) is easier than painting it neatly. The tiles are architectural model sheet that I now regret buying. I ould have printed out something as good or better. Still, it got the job done with no time in front of the computer.

      Delete
  4. Looks great Jacker. How bout a nice city set up for us to drool on. And I like the snipped corners. And is that light coming from the inside? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really a great piece there!! Been fun watching you work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge, and brimming with Lo Mein!

    ReplyDelete