Monday, 4 February 2013

Khurasan Zombie Hunters



The first four models from the Zombie survivors pack 1 from Khurasan. Just incredible figures and a pleasure to paint. My favorite to paint was the "Dale" looking figure.
These are very easy to paint, due to their simple costumes and nice exaggerated details... Nothing too fine or too flat.

I'm still struggling with completing my urban terrain for the cork tiles. This is because I keep trying to make things that will work for present day and for sci-fi...  I bought a cheap hot glue gun that ought to help get through the next few buildings.

Next is a crossbow wielding fellow and a guy in a brown uniform...

Thanks for looking! 

16 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love that khaki on Dale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EP, Good fun to work on these!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant work. Love them all I really like the new set as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie. Yes, another Khurasan order is on the near horizon, even though I swore I'd stop until I painted the last lot.

      Delete
  3. Great work, Jacker! I've got this set myself. I've been cogitating about taking the old bald guy and converting his weapon into a 1950s shotgun, putting some spectacles on him and... voila!...you now have me inserted into the cast of characters of WIYF! (I think I'll be indestructible!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb

    the bald man is some of the best Ive seen! Truly!

    Now....dont take this wrong.....however Id think about the weapons a little bit more. i think the contrast is to striking. Id make it more subtle.

    that being said...superb :)

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Cheers Ace, looking forward to finishing the set!

      Delete
  6. Nice, very nice. Looking good, especially on that terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wouter! The terrain was partially inspired by these models... I'm pretty psyched to have a game with it all.

      Delete
  7. Ah, now that's more like it- a few more posts for me to dribble over. How do these minis compare, sizewise, with the Khurasan Exterminators, SJ? Similar, or are they a little smaller, like the 'police' figures, or the rebels that go with the Rock Hopper vehicle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They scale perfectly with the cops, scientists and rebels. I think they scale fine with the exterminators too actually.

      Scale issues only bother me now when they are extreme. 15mm minis tend to look fine once on the table.

      Delete
  8. Er, excellent painting by the way- forgot to say first time round!

    ReplyDelete