Tuesday, 30 October 2012

City Ruins Board

As promised, here are some photos of my city ruins models on some of my customized Kallistra Hexon terrain.
Before I came the the UK, I wanted to order a set but the postage was prohibitive. So when I was preparing to return to Australia, I made sure I got an order in before I left.
I'm glad I did, as the hexes are very well made and a single set has enough tiles for me to make another set in a different shade, plus a few left over for special pieces

8 sections fit on my pin-board

...And stack neatly away.

A view of the ruins on the board

Crusties pick their way through

Khurasan furniture adds detail

my scratch-build cork tile junkpiles

I plan to make some inserts out of my remaining cork tile to fit in the half-hex gaps at the short ends of the board. It really is great stuff!

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

  1. my my

    very nice! Another on my list

    Did you not mention a game your setting up to play? Did I miss the AAR?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith! You have missed nothing, that game is still set up on my 18" muddy brown board, waiting to play. I just haven't had the time or strength yet.

      Delete
  2. I am not a fan of the Hex thing, but the whole set up looks great, good job!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, nice to see the evolution of your Heroscape idea from a while back. Let's plan to get a game or two on these this weekend. Err, wait...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I still have a bunch of that Heroscape stuff lying around unused. I swear I will figure out a gladiator game or something one day.
      As for the weekend, I SWEAR I will get some games played, I'll even pretend you are my opponent, so expect some savage lambasting if I win.

      Delete
    2. Dude, my dice rolling is uncanny, you are going down! Plus, I've got a lot of crazy, unconventional tactics you'll never see coming!

      Delete
  4. Looks terrific. Nice to see it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ruins are so fallout-y. The Khurusan furniture really helps. Does anyone make 15mm detroyed furnishings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LA!
      15mm furnishings are quite rare. I think I'll be ordering some more from Khurasan, plus trying to scratch-build my own " Hong Kong tea-house" set.

      I got some ww2 era stuff from http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com for cthulu, but it's still in it's bag.

      Delete
  6. Nice setup, Jacker. Junk and furniture are GOOD! Sure would be fun to fight a battle in your terrain!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay! I think I've got enough junk piles now, time to work on more furniture.. And maybe bigger rooms to fight in.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks very much, you set a high standard my friend!

      Delete
  8. Very nice Spacejacker. I can't help feeling I could have saved myself a lot of work by going the Kallistra route, but you makes your bed and you lies on it, to quote the vernacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still a bit torn about whether or not it was a good idea. I think buying a new Zuzzy mat would have been cheaper and easier. I think I just need to do some more creative modeling on the boards to justify the expense.

      PS: The cork tile plugs for the ends were very easy to make... I think I discovered cork tile much too late!

      Delete