Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Trouble At Sea

I'm really hoping this isn't the cause of the delay
I was expecting to be deep in the hobby again by now, but fate has decreed that my belongings being shipped around the world  not arrive until JULY.
This has really put a cramp in my style, as I was hoping to have my stuff by now. Painting desk, basing kit etc.. Not to mention my rather expensive daylight lamp ( I don't have my Pro-create either! Argh!).

My sister just had a baby and my girlfriend has also just arrived from the UK so things are extremely busy. On the good news front, I should have internet at home this week, so may be able to do some posting about other things.

Some random updates:

  • The new studio I'm working in is great, I'm enjoying my work and things are progressing well.
  • The weather in Sydney has suddenly gone really terrible. I'm not delighted that I took my Harley in for a service this morning and now will have to ride home in the rain.
  • I've been playing Summoner Wars (a NCCG) at lunch and sometimes after work. It's pretty great.
  • I started playing Skyrim on the PS3 a couple of weeks ago, which I was really enjoying. Girlfriend arrival has kind of killed that though. I'm about level 23, playing a sneaky bow-wielding assassin type.
  •  I do have one set of new minis to paint from a US manufacturer and will be getting onto them asap with my limited kit.. I still need to get hold of some sand to base them.

Sorry again for the extended lack of updates, but I promise things will get gradually back to normal.

20 comments:

  1. That sucks dude. Glad your settling in well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brummie, getting there slowly!

      Delete
  2. Yup, that really does suck. But at least you've got a nice studio set-up and the GF has finally arrived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Here's hoping I haven't got too rusty over the extended break!

      Delete
  3. I was wondering where you've been, glad it wasn't anything personally tragic, haha. If you do get boarded by pirates, and fend them off like I know you would, maybe they'll forget their three-legged dog on board when they flee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mik, I've missed blogging (and regular internet access) quite a lot! I had grand plans to do lots of solo gaming instead, but life really gets in the way when you migrate. At least I'll have a nice backlog of Minions Podcasts to get through when I'm back in the saddle.
      And I must remember to get a dog named cody. And a Glock.

      Delete
    2. Come to think of it, it might be awesome painting on an actual saddle. (I was a Blue Blaze irregular long before before I joined Team Zissou)

      Delete
  4. Greetings, Jacker. Looking forward to your modeling posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I haven't been commenting Jay, hope to be back in action soon. I REALLY wish I'd brought the greystuff though... No converting for a month!

      Delete
  5. Being in Sydney, if you needed sand I would have thought a nice ride out to Bondi would have taken care of that ;) Failing that, Bunnings for DIY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's the time to do it that's the problem rather than the availability of sand ;) Once all the real-life stuff calms down things will improve on the hobby front :)

      Delete
  6. I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a girlfriend to the knee. *groan*

    Anyway, hope your stuff arrives safely. My wife once lost a few things coming back from a year in Korea, but then I think she was cursed with bad luck on that trip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaha! She quite likes watching me play some games (especially red dead redemption), but I don't think the menu-crawling of Skyrim would get me much credit.

      A lot of my stuff I could simply replace with insurance money if disaster strikes, but I'd be pretty sad about my minis.

      Delete
    2. Indeed. If any of my minis ever disappeared in transit, I'd be crushed. I don't know what I'll do if I ever have to downsize my collection...

      Delete
  7. That's not good, clearly the found the slowest boat possible. Hope you get your stuff sooner than expected.

    As for skyrim, I feel into the trap of being asked why I tidied up my digital house and not the real one, so ended up with a chest for Christmas. Doesn't hold as many suits of armour though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In skyrim I just dumped all my stuff on the floor.. In real life I'm much tidier. But in real life I don't shoot arrows into people's knees either I guess.

      Delete
  8. Dude we so understand, Big Doins' here at Casa MacDude have family in from Points east, Main, Mom from Japan, and a couple ancillary shirttails (cousins) from Israel for my 16 year year old genetic experiment's departure from secondary education (over a year early hereabouts).

    And I just got a loverly box full of 15mm boat hulls from someone we know and love on the TMP, that are dying for some work, even cleaned paint table....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds equally if not more hectic! I'm kind of getting settled now and hoping to get a shot at the paint table this weekend...

      Delete
  9. I think you will enjoy the break and you can make the most of re-charging your paint power! Sounds like you have settled in well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, I didn't get to paint this weekend after all but I'm sooooo ready for my first session now!

      Delete