Monday, 9 April 2012

Calamite Preacher


Getting through my SHM range Aliens sculpted by Eli, we come to the Calamite Preacher.  Another blue-skinned alien I just realized... I think I've done too many of these, but it suited his robes, which I did first.

Is he a preacher now? Was he a preacher before? Or is Preacher a sinister nickname for an underworld machiavellian puppet master? I guess I'll find out when he pops up in my solo games ;)

I just have the alien refugees left to paint from my batch of otherworldly denizens, but I'm going to base up the earlier releases from this range and keep at it.

My focus is incredibly split at the moment. Here is what I've got going on Hobby-wise:

  • Writing the Throwdown rules (Almost finished, depending on how you look at it)
  • Creating a new set of PnP floor tiles specific to Throwdown (75% Finished)
  • Refining my Solo RPG/Narrative campaign system (Needs a proper write-up)
  • Painting 10 more minis for Khurasan before I leave the UK (Based and ready)
  • Painting my Khurasan Space Police (Based and ready)
  • Painting my ACP Mercs in individual color schemes (Not started)
  • Painting the other Aliens I bought prior to this batch (0% Complete)
Yipes! I also have several 1/2 built terrain pieces that I fiddle with when waiting for stuff to dry.

I'd like to thank everyone for the overwhelming response to the solo RPG post.. I think this shows it's something I should certainly develop further.

Thanks for looking!




19 comments:

  1. Nice interpretive paint job, Jacker. Be on your guard, Sir: This preacher looks a little fishy to me, and I'm not sure that his message will calm the itching of anyone's soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay! I'm not certain he's even a preacher...

      Delete
  2. Looking good there, definitely some kind of preacher/cult leader with that robe and big necklace thing going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never trust a man in a robe. Necklaces are not a good sign either.

      Delete
  3. This is one of those sculpts that was made to be vague in what it represents. Though listed as a preacher, the same figure could represent a merchant, senator, or any ofher robed citizen. That is what is so fun about seeing people work wrh these minis!

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm out of the latest guys, so it's on to the Horansi etc. I ordered a while ago. Getting away from military units has been a real breath of fresh air!

      Delete
    2. Out of the latest dudes? Ah, you must not have picked all of them up

      Looking forward to seeing the rest.

      -Eli

      Delete
  4. Your Preacher is quite a... creature. I really should order some of these guys, including my own Dash Allison and The Narg, heh. How are the sculpts on the other ranges 15mm.co.uk carries? With flat-rate shipping I might as well sample some other stuff... And I see they have Ood :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would call the quality "variable". The Laserburn stuff is great, but a little bit old-fashioned. I got some Centalons (centaur lions!) recently that look fantastic and some o their redemptionists to use as evil bounty hunters. I'm also keen on getting the dreadnaught armor with the horns to use as a space viking. I have Led Zeppelin's Immigrant song stuck in my head.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ah, I think I see them in the Instagram side bar :)

      Delete
  6. Nice. Hey Mecha Ace? He'd make a great 15mm Mon Calamari for your StarWars game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe my favorite SHM fig so far, nice as always. Looking forward to seeing your HUD list get finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mik.
      I always seem to bite off more than I can chew.. But it beats having nothing to do I guess!

      Delete
  8. So many minis and so little time......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even mention the Mighty Monsters stuff piling up!

      Delete
  9. Nice. Looks a little shifty, somehow. Or maybe that's just my general view of preachers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. He certainly bears a watchful eye or three!

      Delete
  10. Long time reader, first time post.

    I have to say this is one of my favourite blogs. I really like what you have done with Eli's SHM miniatures, the conversions, the choice of tones and paint schemes.

    I enjoyed the last series of posts so much I posted on my own blog about them.

    Keep up the good work.

    Gavin Syme
    Creative Manager 15mm.co.uk
    www.gavinsyme.co.uk

    ReplyDelete