Saturday, 24 March 2012

More Armies Army figures


I have had these Armies Army figures half-done hanging around the desk for a while. They have a lot of dark grey on them, which is not difficult to paint, but is fairly laborious. Once underway though, the scheme is actually pretty easy to do, due to the 2 color palette.

Here's a shot of the 5 I have finished, which is only half a pack! I might do some head swappery on the remaining ones just for fun. Fiction wise, I'm thinking of these guys as op-force mercenaries, so a few with more varied appearance would be in keeping.


I used some Silfor 2mm tufts on the bases, and am very pleased with the results. They are simple to apply and less messy than shaking static grass everywhere. The late Autumn color is better suited to my sci-fi/post apoc figures too.

Thanks for looking!



11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, you are doing some amazing gaming over on your blog.. I kick myself every time you post for not playing more myself. No time!

      Delete
  2. Looking very nice as usual. Might need to get myself some smaller grass tufts, as I think all the ones I have will tower over 15mm figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ace! I nearly went with 4mm, but I'm very glad I decided on 2mm grass tufts.

      Delete
  3. Wow, wasn't too sure about this minis when I saw the pictures... but now I have to get them! Great color scheme...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of great stuff in the pipeline for this range and the price is fantastic.

      Delete
  4. Great painting! Love the glowing effect in the head-covering area of the troops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay! It's really quite easy to do on a figure with a defined 'lens' in the eye rather than a socket. It's just a blob of orange, then a tiny tiny dot of yellow in the middle. In this case it kind of makes the scheme though as the rest is so drab.

      Delete
  5. Great job on these. Paintjobs excellent and the bases look great. I'll have to remember to get some of the 2mm silfor tufts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, them's the babies! Nicely done Jacker!

    ReplyDelete