Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Eldritch Investigators

Investigation by fire is just as good as recon by fire

My girlfriend has hijacked my camera so I'm reduced to using my phone to take pics tonight.

Here we have two Eldritch Investigators for my Cthulhu collection. They are actually Sheparton Gangsters from Khurasan, but hey, 1920's guys in hats with guns are 1920's guys in hats with guns eh?

The minis are great to paint and I look forward to picking off the rest. Although I think I'll avoid brown for the next batch.. Getting a bit samey.

In the same vein, I've almost finished a proto-shoggoth from Em-4 miniatures. They are 25mm scale but look suitable for monstrous scale beasts next to 15mm figures.. And at £1.75 you'd be mad not to. (Ho ho). I grabbed a couple with my last order of 200(!) 20mm plastic bases. I won't be able to get 'em in Australia so I figure I'd better stock up before I go.

(This is turning into a really good excuse to buy all the UK mini stuff I "need" so far too)

17 comments:

  1. Nicely done: you do brown very well. I have used a Sheparton Gangster to represent a police detective. I find these figures good "cross-over-figures." I like your rationalization for buying modeling goodies! (:)=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got another one painted but he's put away in the main storage box. Pretty handy for any 20th century games. Can't talk, gotta go and make an order...

      Delete
  2. I like those Investigators, excellent paintjobs on cool minis. Thanks for the link to the Proto-Shoggoth. Those are very cool minis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. I make an order from em-4 about every month.. Mainly bases and counters. They have a lot of useful stuff.

      Delete
  3. Great inspiration! I have these... and I look forward to stealing your paint scheme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In case I forget to do it soon, I'm planning on painting some of the oters in "clue" inspired schemes. Colonel Mustard, Professor plum etc.

      Delete
  4. When are you coming to Australia and to what part are you coming to, if you don't mind me asking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a couple of months I'll be coming to Sydney, where I was born.

      Delete
  5. Nice looking models with really nice paint jobs. And certainly when I played call of Cthulhu investigation by fire or explosive were viable choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that reminds me I need to convert one of these guys to a dynamite chucker!

      Delete
    2. That would be pretty good. Any chance of a seeing a full-line up of your Cthulu collection?

      Delete
    3. Good idea, I'll try to remember to do it when I get my camera back. iPhone won't cut it for a big group shot :)

      Delete
  6. Top dollar, Jacker, top dollar (that's Australian dollar!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gunrunner!
      Unfortunately for me those are worth considerably more now than when I left ;)

      Delete
    2. Good luck when for you return home......I trust there will still be copious blog entries to keep me jealously pushing on!?

      Delete
    3. There sure will, although there might be a few weeks lull while my painting kit is shipped over.

      Delete