Saturday, 10 March 2012

Deep Ones


Khurasan announced a huge slew of new releases this week on TMP. Many of them are figures I have painted recently that are now out from under wraps.. Which pleases me greatly as it means I can talk about them and we can all buy them! (Of course I need some more...)

The Deep ones are perfect for Lovecraftian gaming, or just about any other genre where there's creatures out to get you. They are beautifully sculpted and very easy to paint.

I base coated them with Citadel Rotting flesh, washed them (qute carefully in two thin coats, drying in between) with Citadel Thraka Green, worked a little Ogryn flesh wash into the spines and fins, then highlighted a bit with rotting flesh again. I gave them a final ultra-thin glaze of watered down Vallejo green ink last of all.



Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. Nice!
    I could tell by the bases these were one's you'd painted. Great job and fun sculpts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ferret, my bases are apparently a dead giveaway!

      Delete
  2. Was wondering how you would tackle these.. b-dum-tish.. thank you, here all nig- (acK! - hauled off stage)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paint has made these Pisces a picture of perilous combatants! Sweet work, Jacker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay! Maybe you could use these for your Beyond the Still sequel, They came from under the Still?

      Delete
    2. ...or from out of the creek! My creative juices are at the boil!

      Delete
  4. Those are beautiful. Great job on them. That rotting flesh gives them a sort of dead fishbelly white look that makes them kind of creepy and scary. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I try to make my Lovecraft stuff as creepy as possible!

      Delete
  5. Handy hints and tips as I'll be picking up some of these and they could do double duty with the odd one dropped into a star shanty town brawl as an itinerant aquatic alien!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BLUE HADES have never looked so good. I wish these had been released when I put in my last Khurasan order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, ongoing Khurasan orders are normal and part of ordinary life. Relax and make another one ;)

      Delete