Sunday, 18 March 2012

Bounty Hunters


These guys are from Khurasan's recently released alien bounty hunters pack. The guy on the left made me think of a diving suit so I painted him in those colors. The Guy on the right is some kind of mantis-man, so I decided to show off his carapace as much as possible. He's actually done in the same citadel rotting flesh/Thraka green wash technique as the Deep ones.


Next up, the guy on the left is from the same pack. HIs color scheme was inspired by my old "Snaggletooth" star wars action figure from the original toy release in the 70's-80's. (C'mon, it beats another green figure!)

The guy on the right is a GZG New Israeli figure with a GZG bare head swap and puttied-up shoulders. He's been lying around unpainted for almost 2 years and something compelled me to slap on a coat of paint. The red suit was somewhat inspired by Jubal Early from Firefly, but I'm already calling him "Malone" who was a reocurring ex-drill sergeant from our old cyberpunk/shadowrun RPGs back in the day... AKASgt. Malone, AKA "Kidney punch" Malone.

I'm on an individual figure kick at the moment, so I'm going to tackle my spare ACP Mercs in individual bounty hunter livery very soon.

19 comments:

  1. Great looking stuff, just got this pack myself, looking forward to painting it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun models, I hope you enjoy painting them!

      Delete
  2. Mantis Warrior really shows off the details nicely. Top result. With all these new models etc; I'm reminded of a great scale comparison resource I came across :

    https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=C81057216B240D0C&id=C81057216B240D0C!434

    Side by Side comparisons of a VAST array of 15mm figures. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice, Jacker (I didn't expect anything less than but greatness!). I got a package from Khurasan today, which should have my order of the bounty hunters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse the bad grammar. I did a brain trip and stumbled over my words.

      Delete
    2. My grammar leaves a lot do to be desired itsel. Thanks Jay!

      Delete
  4. Those are really nice. I especially like the mantis, and the little touch of OSL on the diving suit guy is really nice.

    These may tempt me, as at somepoint I'm going to be running a 15mm sci-fi RPG, and I'm leaning more and more towards doing it in 15mm, as it's a lot cheaper to pick up 4-5 figures of whatever you need, and you don't feel so bad that they sit on your shelf after that as you only paid about £3.00 or there abouts for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's certainly enough stuff on the market to do a 15mm sci fi rpg for a very reasonable price. And remember, the original space rpg: Taveller , was in 15mm scale.

      Delete
  5. These look great. I especially the Mantis Man and Kidney-Punch Malone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about damn time Malone got back in the game!

      Delete
  6. Love 'em, looking forward to more individual hunters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on doing the Mercs next after I get through what's on my desk. I really enjoy painting individual figures over units at the moment.

      Delete
  7. Those are spectacular. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there any chance that you can stop painting up all this interesting stuff so well, and allow my wallet to remain unpunished for a week or two......please.....mate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be a painting lull in May, when instead I'll be focussing on producing Throwdown and gaming.. But then it will full-force again ;)

      Delete