Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Blog Changes

my secret
As you may have noticed, I've been really changing up how the blog looks lately. It's settled down now, so don't worry. We bid a fond farewell to the old header image.. It is now over 2 years old (!) so I thought my more recent efforts would be better to show off.

The coolest thing about this is that I have decided to run a feed to my Instagram account in the sidebar.
I am using the account solely for hobby related photos and feeding it into the blog means you readers don't have to faff around with making your own account. The ever rockin' Mik of Mik's minis gave me the idea a while ago but I have only just now got it going. Automagickajigally posting photos from my phone is a lot easier than making up a post, so hopefully there will be little fragments of what I'm up to in a nerd sense every day. Maybe I should have called it my Nerdstream. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

To celebrate, here's a photo of my camera. It's a Canon powershot s95 and it's awesome. So awesome even I can use it (It's always set to Auto) an my girlfriend keep stealing it... So I'll probably have to get a new one.

In closing: Dynamic view sucks, a good spring clean is therapeutic once in a while and chicks love cameras.

10 comments:

  1. Great idea! I might nick it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Share the geek wealth, I always say :)

      Delete
  2. Nice, I like the idea of a live workbench.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instagram, my girl loves that filter app so much; it would appear we visited Thailand in the 70's, not last Christmas, should you browse her gallery.

    Great notion to add the feed considering your painting proliferation prowess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... a 70's filter? Does it change your clothes as well?

      Delete
  4. I'm inspired by your inspiration from me. Do you do blog overhaul commissions? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, you just need to make me an admin and trust me not to break it ;)

      Delete
  5. I like the new look. The streaming photos is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a big fan of the idea because I'm a truely lazy git.
    So this stream of snapshots will give my blog just a little feel of up to date.
    Hope you don't mind me copying this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a nice revamp, for sure. As for the camera... I get surprisingly good mini shots with my Canon point-and-shoot... while my wife's super duper SLR manages to screw it up every time!

    ReplyDelete