Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Some Ladies

Copplestone Barbarian

A couple of minis I've done lately, both ladies. The first is a Copplestone Barbarian, who I painted like the Marvel comics version of Red Sonja. It was nice not doing another one in brown. I have to say again what a joy it is to paint these figures. Every bit of detail is the right size and shape to easily get a brush tip on and they don't take very long to complete as a result.

The next is another Jasmine Throne battalion trooper.. This one done in the style of a guy named Jugger. The hair was a bit boring looking, so I glazed it with thinned blue ink and I think it's OK now. I have to be careful of adding too many extra colors to members of this unit, as they will look motley enough with all the different shapes and skin tones when on the table.

I am now painting the white armor by base-coating the armor in Codex Grey, highlighting once with Astronomicon grey and final highlighting with pure white. It's giving me a pleasing result and doesn't involve mixing.

Khurasan JTFB trooper
Of course I've also been painting secret creatures for Khurasan, and started on my Cthulhu investigators, but there's no photos yet.

Thanks for looking!


21 comments:

  1. "Red Sonya" is perfect!!! Great job on the sci fi figure too - nice work on the white armor. I might steal that recipe for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you keep the paint thin you should have no trouble.

      Delete
  2. Nicely done on both counts! The JTFB is looking up and up every day now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like working on one JTFB along with whatever else I'm painting. The Vulk was really difficult, so I'm relieved to be back on the little ones :)

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of color variation on a small figure. Great Job, Jacker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kobayachimaru.. I have to do some gaming to catch up to you!

      Delete
  5. Love the barbarian, the crisp clean sculpt and attention to detail you'd be forgiven for thinking it was a larger scale. I've got some of the Copplestone 28mm cavemen and they too are a joy to paint.

    Great brush work as per usual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Qalpha! I really hope Mr. Copplestone goes ahead with some more fantasy stuff.

      Delete
  6. Great job on these. I really like the job you did on the white armor. I want to try that recipe, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good for 15mm, mixing paints really slows me down and as I'm doing these one at a time, I would forget the ratios pretty quickly.

      Delete
  7. You've done it again Jacker! Cracking paint jobs as always. I'm glad to see some of the JTFB minis painted-I can feel the need....for greed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying them and you guys can't get enough so I'll have more soon!

      Delete
  8. Very nice work!
    the black & white look very smooth. and the copplestone is really nice too. Going to have to take the plunge and get some of those soon. Excellent job on the natural red hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers!
    The hair is Vallejo light brown with a simple Ogryn flesh wash and then original color drybrush. I was expecting to have to orange glaze it, but it came out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are the Khurastan Jasmine Throne figures out yet? I didn't seem them on their website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not. Jon very kindly sent me a set of prerelease figures a while ago. Hopefully not far off though, I want the whole set!

      Delete
  11. great work on these especially Sonya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan, your barbarians are fantastic!
      This one actually looks a little better IRL.. I'm noticing a lot of flaws in the huge photo, but lovely figure.

      Delete
  12. Fantastic work on those 15s as usual.

    ReplyDelete