Friday, 27 January 2012
Dealing with burnout.. Plus ORCS!
There has a been a lack of updates lately, my apologies. As usual around here, I had a lot of stuff on that I couldn't post.. Some new sci-fi soldiers and alien crewmen from Khurasan. You will have to wait until Jon releases the photos to see them though.
So, today we have some Blood Dawn Orcs I ordered from Magister Militum. As you can see, they are pretty huge.. But I love them! For scale I have included an almost-finished Copplestone barbarian. I did these while waiting for my ACP Strike Force figures to dry.. As they have the same skin tone as the armor on those guys. I'm almost out of Knarloc green as a result ;)
I'm a bit burned out right now, so I am going to perform an ancient ritual that has served me well for decades:
Clean and reorganize my painting table
Organize and Store all my unpainted figures out of sight
Once this ritual has been observed I have a new list of projects to 2012, of course!
1. Paint my new Khurasan mutants and wastelanders. I buckled and ordered the whole post-apoc range recently, and they do not disappoint.. amazing minis.
2. Finish my Orcs, Goblins and Skeletons for my Barbarians to fight. I got a few packs a while ago, all Blood Dawn, all very nice. My first goal will be to just paint one of each variant.
3. Cthulhu! I have the gangster and police sets from Khurasan to paint up as investigators and villains. I am considering repainting my octo-cultists, but may just leave them as-is.
4. Kaiju! I finally have both the rules from Ganesha and some beautiful resin city terrain from Old Crow for my long planned Mighty Monsters project. I have even painted up a Monpoc Terra Khan and almost finished my Shark monster! I'm saving these for another post.
5. Finish my new city ruins board. I have already converted and painted up some Proxie Models ruins and made a 2x2' foamcore and wallpaper board. I need to fix the wallpaper down better and edge the board before showing it off in photos. It will look like my Strike Force comp entry photo backgrounds, but be big enough to game on properly.
When it's done, I plan to play a lot more games and will report on them here. (Mighty Monsters, Combat Cards and iTEN are top of the list for now)
6. Build a 6mm travel set. This should really be covered on my 6mm blog, but I'll post there when it's done. I will probably be moving to Australia this year, and I'd like to have some gaming supplies with me when I arrive and have to wait for my other stuff to be shipped over. This set will be very minimal, which will be a fun challenge in itself.
7. Stop spending on minis and fix up my beloved VRSCDX v-rod. It's been sorely neglected in the garage all winter and needs some attention.