Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Copplestone Barbarian Painted


Click for larger image

I finished this guy tonight and had to post a picture. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and it was really not hard to achieve.
As most of the figure is a flesh area, it paints up really fast. I tried a NMM version of the sword, but it looked terrible. I think I did it properly, but it's not a technique that really shines in 15mm. So good old Mithril Silver with a Badab black wash replaced my fancy attempt.

I enjoyed painting this so much that I immediately started one of the females in the set, and a Troll.

Scott Pyle over at Four Color Figures is painting these right now too, and very nicely too. He has suggested he might try his hand at a "solo system"for small encounters based on his (excellent) Goalsystem rules. Needless to say, this is very exciting to hear!

I've got the Barbarian bug now.. Expect a fair bit of this stuff coming up.


10 comments:

  1. Great paintjob on a great mini!

    These are very tempting.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine looking figure, very well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic, needs a test drive with Matakishi's Crom rules!

    http://www.matakishi.com/crom.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice results! I prefer metallic to NMM anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, keep them coming, I'm not sure about NMM myself, I like to put in a good effort with my minis, and do a quality job, but the effort required for that is a little much, also I have seen a lot of NMM that really just looks bad, on the other hand, when done well it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice - I can't wait to see how you get on with his brethren!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why are you doing this to me? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone, I'm really pumped about painting these minis!

    Mik- Those rules look great. I was thinking back and forth last night about a way to do this sort of thing. I think for solo fantasy combat, either a dice pool or a card management system would be best. Or a bolt-on to And One For All. Or some rules Xerus sent me last week that are pretty cool as well.. The OPTIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great paint job. It's hard to believe that he's 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another vote for metallics over NMM. I generally find they turn out looking better, anyway.

    ReplyDelete