Thursday, 13 October 2011

Cheap Resin terrain source


UNSC Lt. in the middle for scale. Can you see him?


Ramshackle games make a great range of inexpensive resin models for 28mm post-apocalyptic gaming in 28mm. A big part of their range is a set of modular vehicle parts. I had the idea while looking at these online, that some of the parts would make excellent sci-fi buildings and bunkers. And the price is very affordable.

Here's what I ordered:

1 x Bonyard Truck engine stack = £0.60
2 x PU Cab = £4.00
2 x Bonyard Truck cab = £1.60
1 x Liger Body = £3.00
1 x Engine block #3 = £1.50
1 x HST main body = £3.00
1 x Filler Block 2 long box = £2.00
1 x Degu Body and Exhaust = £2.50
1 x Bonyard Truck chasis = £0.75
1 x IG_engine = £2.00

The pieces took a week or so to arrive as I imagine they were cast to order, but once I had them in hand I was impressed with the detail and quality. These will make a great addition to my rough colony shacks and will of curse be perfect for Post-Apoc gaming as well.

My best find of the lot is the PU cab at £2, which makes a great bunker for 5150.

Bunker on the left



5 comments:

  1. Great find! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a genius! I'm going to order it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post! I've been meaning to pick up some of that Ramshackle stuff forever!!

    You UK guys are so lucky ... so many mini game options ... we Americans have to pay high shipping to get it and that terrible exchange rate :( Ah well it could be worse those poor Australians have it even worse I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, one of the few advantages of living in the UK seems to be the high number of miniature supplies manufacturers. Many of my favorite 15mm lines are US based though, so I would agree that Aussies get the worst deal. I'm an Aussie ex-pat myself, so I know the pain of living down under for trying to get anything via the mail.

    ReplyDelete