Friday, 7 October 2011

BTA Armor unit

Here's a few shots of a GZG walker I have painted up to use as a BTA in 5150SA.

With Medic for scale

I filled in his faceplate with putty and smoothed it off to bring it more toward the  MaK look I enjoy. Detail is a little soft, but not unbearably so. I got this guy and a friend when I ordered the new Crusty walkers. I thought Star Army used BTA suits but I think it's actually the ISS faction. Doesn't matter, 5150 is pretty freeform and takes modding very well. I'm cooking up an alternate Asset system that uses the models I actually have anyway. A 2 man BTA team will count as an asset for my Star Army campaigns.

11 comments:

  1. Looks nice, very cool color scheme

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cracked it! Perfectly done. The smooth look is what these need.
    The little visors on these are funky-retro, but the smooth look is so much cooler and menacing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best picture I've seen of one of those Cyclops walkers. I was going to give them a pass but with your awesome clean paint job I can see there is a lot going on there. Remind me of the Illegal Army battlesuits from Bubblegum Crisis anime.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  4. That walker looks great. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes he looks great, what colour is that green? Khaki?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! I'm wishing I got both packs now, but plenty of time for that later.

    Dan- The color is Vallejo Panzer Series: Middlestone. I use a GW Gryphonne sepia wash over the whole mini, but put a little Devlan mud into the major recesses. Highlighted with original color, then again with a bit of white added.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really enjoyed the latest post and pictures-great paint jobs. I also thought the scenery items on the cds were excellent! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers Gunrunner.. There is plenty more to come on both fronts, glad you're getting a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks really good (as usual). You've certainly got the knack for painting your minis with a view towards "pleasing the eye"...especially mine.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete