Thursday, 30 June 2011

Khurasan Post Apocalypse Raiders


I've had these minis sitting around for a while, and to be honest I've put off painting them because I found them a bit intimidating. They have an amazing amount of detail and a lot of different surfaces.. Chainmail, cloth, skin, etc. I managed to get them finished quite quickly due to some welcome sunshine today. I did it the old-school Warhammer method of "one color at a time on the whole unit", which predictably, worked well.



I'm kicking myself for not ordering the rest of this small range last time, but hey, it's not like I don't have an entire drawer full of unpainted minis, so I suppose I can wait. I may press some more Sci-fi minis into post-apoc service. In fact it will be fun doing a few little conversions. Probably time to get some more GZG gasmask heads in.

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

  1. Love the Paintwork SJ.

    I like the guy with the chainsaw, but that damned ponytail never makes it through the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks chaps! They were a lot of fun.

    Joe- I actually prefer that mini it without the ponytail... I'd just be paranoid about breaking it when gaming anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great work, I would hate to be in the green shirt gang, cause the blue pants guys look pretty tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at your paint Brother.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am-a-ZING!

    Love the sculpts, khurasan (croissant?) minis are a delight to look at and you did those justice.

    but...

    well... I dont like the mohawk. C'mon, blonde mohawk !? there is a tradition in the hobby to paint those (in priority order) orange, green, pink or rainbow! ;)

    You've been a bad boy, and you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Argh ... when ... when will Khurasan be back. ... ... I'm so sad we can't get the stuff anymore (I know in the fall he said he'd be back online) I want that stuff now!! I just found out about his range in the last few weeks :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone, I've got a lot of stuff coming up along these lines I think you'll like too.

    Javi- I'm the most bad-boy 15mm painter in the wastelands, I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, maybe I'll be done my backlog of Khurasan pieces by the time he's in business again, and I can order these... ah, yeah right. But I might order them anyway. You definitely did these cute little sculpts justice here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and I did order them, a few months ago! I'm painting them right now! They are fantastic!

      My chainsaw guy's ponytail broke off too, no surprise. He does look good without it.

      Delete
  9. I have given up trying to stay ahead of Khurasan's latest cool model.. It's not possible.

    ReplyDelete