Sunday, 19 June 2011

Brotherhood of Bloggers

Comments more than welcome!
When I began this blog, it was strictly a means to motivate myself and document my progress as I got back into painting as a hobby after over a decade away.

I was on holidays at the time, having just left full time employment to start my own business. I posted as often as I completed a mini-project, which was about every day for a while.

After that I slowed down, but thought of the blog more as a web resource than anything else.

More recently though, the blog has picked up more followers than I ever thought likely, and to my surprise  have been getting lots of comments from some of the friendliest and most supportive people on the internet. By following them back I've seen into other people from around the world's day to day, gaming rooms and paint tables.. Which has been a great experience for me too.

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who follows or reads this blog (or  gets some use out of my occasional tutorials, or even just swipes my color schemes.. It's all good) and an even bigger thank you to those that leave their thoughts on it as well. It is extremely encouraging and greatly increases my enthusiasm to make useful or interesting posts.

On that note, I feel I haven't repaid the favor enough and there are plenty of bloggers that deserve that little glow you get when you see a new comment. So from now on I'm going to make more of an effort to be more vocal on other's blogs as this little endeavor has lead to some great cyber-pals I never expected to make.

Thanks everyone!

Spacejacker

10 comments:

  1. Heya

    So on that bombshell here's a comment...

    But more seriously part of this hobby is the sharing and development of ideas and projects inspired by others, finding the time to leave feedback isn't always easy especially with so many places of interest on the net but every so often its nice to take an interest in what others are achieving and even better when they take an interest in ones own endevours.

    Here's to keeping the creative ball bouncing... Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its blogs like yours that have gotten me out of a funk in terms of the hobby. Not only that, but sparked my interest in 15mm sci-fi.

    Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll try and be more vocal as well. It's always nice to get comments and see that others enjoy what you are doing.

    Your 15mm sci-fi is an inspiration! Only wish my painting was as good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not about ego, it is about sharing, and trying to improve. That is why I started my blog also.
    I love that some people like my sculpting, and my silly way of writing.

    We are all a family in my mind.

    You are my favorite painter, with Matt and Jeff just behind. You should paint 24/7...lol.

    Stay cool Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Brother Joseph says, it's about sharing and trying to improve. And as others have said, your work is an inspiration. Thank you for sharing and thank you for inspiring.

    Right, back to work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said, love your blog and will follow as long as its up, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I'm sure most of us feel the same way. My thoughts are that the gaming blogosphere, like others, progresses through time, changing as it goes. You catch the experience neatly as the experience of 'community' becomes evident in it's workings. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these family reunions ;)))
    you're blog is gold, that's the thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a naturally friendly Spacejack - for some reason I get very few comments compared to you (apart form you posting!). I think it must be some sort of wave of negative energy I push out from my posts! I do very much appreciate those that leave a little note though :)

    Keep up all the great work! I was playing SOBH a couple of weeks ago, we should join forces - I have about 8 box's of Dwarvern Forge terrain which are gathering dust and need an outing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the support and look forward to a lot more posts!

    Inrepose- I'll be over one of these days, see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete