I got sidetracked by building 3d furniture for these tiles using the sketchup program..
I'm happy with the general look, the next step is converting them to STL files and sourcing a good 3d printer. Then I'll hopefully have some masters I can look at either casting or (even better) working with a manufacturer to have made (!)
But today I got some more ink for my printer and did my test builds to make sure everything was OK. Here are the results, I'm very happy with how they turned out.
I used matte photo paper to print them and found that as its a little thicker than normal paper, the doors are quite sturdy enough for gaming. I used a UHU glue stick to put them together.
For a proper set, I'd glue the tiles to thick card or foamcore board. I've also had some ideas about using magnets to secure doors and scenery that I'll share when I have it all worked out.
I'm emailing RPGnow today to get them available online ASAP.