Wednesday, 22 December 2010

WIP GW Resin Hex ruins and a Kark

First of all, here is a test-paint I did of a Khurasan miniatures Karkarine.


 He's painted mostly in GW Shadow Grey. I like these figures a lot and wanted to get one done.. But I think the rest of the squad will have to wait for the rest of the Luhrgg to be finished before I get to them.

I've used him for scale in these WIP shots of GW resin barricades (packet of 6 costing £12) being used as 15mm ruins on hex-bases for my heroscape terrain. The ruins scale quite well especially with the addition of some GZG crates.






They still need some extra color in the form of rust, brown dirt and grass.. But I thought I'd put up some photos anyway.

4 comments:

  1. A great paint job on the figure and the scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had two boxes of Heroscape I ended up giving to my nephew, had I only seen these posts first I could've deprived of that joy!

    By the way, I absolutely LOVE the way you do your bases for your figs, any chance of a tutorial on that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, I'll do a basing tutorial soon.. People ask about my bases a lot, but I honestly just copied them from the 15mm.co.uk site. You will be pleased to know that it's incredibly easy :)

    I'm going to buy myself a new camera at Xmas so will be posting more tutorial stuff these holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy looking at your paint work.
    :)

    ReplyDelete