Monday, 6 December 2010

New Terrain Project

It's been months since my last post, but what can I say.. There are time that toy soldiers just aren't my first priority. Ive still been too busy with other things to paint anything, but in the back of my mind Ive been thinking about a lot of stuff.. Lets talk about terrain first of all.

I had been going over the pros and cons of various terrain solutions and eventually realized I had something that ticked all my boxes sitting right in front of me.. Heroscape hexes.




I thin i paid about £30 for my Heroscape master set. I had one a few years ago and enjoyed playing it with work friends, but my new set has gathered dust and I was meaning to ebay it. But wait! What if I used the hexes for playing 15mm games? Here are some good reasons why I decided to switch to this (for the time being anyway)
  • Inexpensive. One master set is plenty for the small 10-20 models a side games I like.
  • Stacks and stores in a small box very well 
  • Well sized for 15mm action
  • Very Flexible layout options
  • Will look very nice painted

I plan to do some very minimal texturing on the hexes and then spray them brown, wash and drybrush. Sourcing the right shade of spray paint will be the only challenge here. Once I get going, I think this is going to be a really nice looking set of gaming terrain.

1 comment:

  1. You may these of some interest:

    http://wargamingmiscellany.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-to-modify-heroscape-hexed-terrain.html

    http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=35773.0

    But my favourite is:
    http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=448

    You may be interested to know eBay has lots of tiles for sale often by set or by type

    Andrew
    Main site: www.blog.kings-sleep.me.uk

    ReplyDelete