Saturday, 7 August 2010

Monsterpocalypse Repaint


Behold the Megapod! Giant war-beast from the Monsterpocalypse game, repainted for my octopod forces from 15mm.co.uk.
Before painting the transparent yellow plastic model, I carved out the submarine in his tentacle then undercoated with Army Painter spray.  I painted this model more like a traditional miniature so was an interesting break from 15mm.. I started getting quite obsessive about refining wet-blending on all the large smooth surfaces. But in the end it was just taking too long so I stopped it here as I wasn't really enjoying it. I didn't have a base big enough for this guy, but have ordered some 50mm round ones to do the job. When based he will look even bigger.
I think the quality level is ok for the moment.. Maybe when I do the base I'll throw on a couple more highlights.

6 comments:

  1. Nicely done! A true terror of the tabletop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done.

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I am so going to do this.

    I only hope I can pull it off at least a third as well as you did here, kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some really cool models in this line. I think the ones with more surface detail would be easier to paint... The face on this guy was easy, but the big smooth areas were difficult. GW washes work pretty well, but you want to use a very big brush and a lot of wash. I'm going to do the Shark monster to go with my Karks soon.. But I need to sculpt it some new claws. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks stunning. Loving the idea of facing down some big retro beasts in a 15mm game.

    ReplyDelete