Friday, 25 June 2010

Ground Zero Games OUDF infantry



I ordered these models by guesswork based on the "kneeling and prone" photo on the GZG website, and I lucked out. I love these slightly stumpy little guys! They are great looking troopers with obvious science-fictiony helmets and a nice amount of chunky detail like packs and pouches.

I don't know why exactly, but they look to me like they are slightly scared or confused. Brilliant! They have grown on me so much I will probably get some more and do some conversions.
The one small issue I have with them is that some of their guns are a bit "bendy" looking. Once painted a dark colour though, it's not noticeable.

I used black wash on these guys before highlighting up, then a sepia wash on the pouches and flesh after the green fatigues were dry. I was originally going to give them a very simple colour scheme that was basically all green, but eventually settled on black armoured vests to break it up.

Another very easy and fun set of models to paint from the excellent Ground Zero Games.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment